Why Judi's Place for Kids?
As the regional children's advocacy center serving Pike, Floyd, Johnson, Martin, and Magoffin Counties in Kentucky, Judi's Place for Kids is committed to putting the needs of the child first when there is an allegation child abuse.
- About 300 children are served each year with direct services at our child-friendly home.
- A child and family advocate assists the child and their caregiver in obtaining resources they may need, such as transportation and mental health services.
- Specialized medical services are available on-site.
- Specialized forensic interviews allow a child to tell his/ her story in a safe setting to a well-trained professional.
- Specialized mental health services to treat trauma are provided onsite through a collaboration with the Hope Initiative of the Healing Program of Mountain Comprehensive Care Center.
- All services are provided at no cost to the victim and his/her family.
- Judi's Place for Kids provides the Darkness to Light Stewards of Children training for adults to prevent, recognize, and respond to child sexual abuse.
- Judi's Place for Kids partners with law enforcement, child protective services, prosecutors, and mental health professionals to meet the needs of the child.